Food Science Intern – National Organic Products Bray, Co. Wicklow
National Organic Products are seeking a Food Science Intern to join our team from March 2019. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work alongside the NPD and Sales Departments on a rotational basis to gain first-hand experience in the food industry.
National Organic Products Ltd. are the owners of the brand ‘Bunalun Organic’ and our head-quarters is located in Bray where we supply all retailers in the trade - Dunnes Stores, Musgraves (Supervalu, Centra), Tesco, Spar etc. We are market leaders in the Healthy Eating/Free From and Organic categories across branded and private label channels.
20-week contract beginning March 2019
40 hours Per Week
Working Hours: 8:00-4:30
Position Purpose and Primary Accountabilities
- Assist the NPD Team to coordinate new projects across various food groups
- Work with suppliers to ensure projects are delivered smoothly and on time
- Liaise with new and existing suppliers
- Be willing to share ideas on new food concepts
- Partake in active research into new food trends
- Work independently or in a team environment to provide assistance with cross-functional and diverse projects
- Maintain accurate records and documentation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across NPD and non-NPD functions as necessary to support business initiatives Qualifications/Requirements
- Undertaking BSc in Food Science (or related discipline)
- Strong IT aptitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to integrate well within a team environment
- Results orientated and commitment to achieving objectives
- Be a proactive self-starter and be able to work autonomously as well as being flexible
If you are interested and wish to apply for this role, please email your CV and Cover Letter to Dimitrios.Vouris@nationalorganic.com by November 15 th .