Trinity Online Services Company Limited by Guarantee (TOSL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Trinity College Dublin.
TOSL creates high quality, innovative educational materials for an engaging and interactive student learning experience.
TOSL wishes to recruit a Learning Technologist Support Assistant for part time and evening work. We are looking for a member of the Trinity community (i.e. student/staff) with excellent time management, problem solving and communication skills.
The Learning Technologist Support Assistant will work as part of a talented multidisciplinary Online Education Development Team. You will be responsible for providing technical assistance for academics and students using Blackboard Collaborate during online tutorials.
This is an afternoon and evening role onsite in Trinity College on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays during term time. A three-month roster will be provided, and a minimum of four hours a week commitment is required. Pay will be set at a competitive hourly rate and paid monthly in arrears.
Qualifications and Experience Required
• Undergraduate degree in any subject
• Excellent organisation, problem solving, and communication skills
• Experience using Microsoft Office
• Experience using Blackboard as a student or developer
• Experience with online communication tools in a learning environment (e.g. Blackboard Collaborate, Skype, Zoom, Go To Meeting)
• Familiarity with using microphones, webcams and audio equipment in an online environment
• Availability to start the last week of August 2019
• Experience of supporting students in a virtual learning environment
• Experience in a technical support role
The cover letter should include:
• Your suitability for the role based on qualifications, training and experience including relevant software package experience
The closing date for applications is 12noon Friday 16th August 2019.
NB: This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities for this role.